Make Ghost Image of Windows 7 with MiniTool ShadowMaker
How can you create a disk image in Windows 7? As far as I am concerned, the most efficient way is to use a piece of free and powerful image backup software to ghost hard drive. To satisfy users’ needs, many kinds of corresponding software are developed by many organizations. Thereinto, shoddy software can cost much time to backup Windows 7 hard drive but the result is disappointing. Luckily, MiniTool ShadowMaker is coming to do a favor and avoid this situation.
Create a ghost image of Windows 7 step by step
Step 1: Launch MiniTool ShadowMaker you have installed on your computer and click Localsection.
Step 2: Then, this free ghost hard drive software can navigate to the Home page.
Just do as the guide language says:
1. If there is no backup created by MiniTool ShadowMaker, please click SET UP BACKUP button to start data protection right now.
2. If there is a backup, it is time to manage the backup task in Manage page.
Here I take the first situation as an example.
Step 3: In Backup page, you know MiniTool ShadowMaker will ghost Windows 7 system by default: all the system drives required for Windows to run have been checked.
But in this post, your aim is to ghost hard drive. Hence, please enter Source section, select a disk from the following combo box and choose all the partitions on the selected disk. Note that we choose system disk.
Step 4: After selecting the source drives, you need to go to Destination section. Then MiniTool ShadowMaker offers you two destination path options:
- This Computer: All partitions in your computer are displayed here. In order to gain a safe disk backup storage, we strongly suggest choosing the partition of an external hard drive or USB flash drive.
- Shared Folder: Click Add new button, put the corresponding Path, User name and Password in the small pop-out window.
Step 5: After completing all the selections, click Back up Now and then MiniTool ShadowMaker will begin to ghost Windows 7 hard drive by entering Manage tab by itself.
From the above figure, you can see three small tools: Schedule, Scheme, and Options. Well then, what are the functions of them?
1. Options: After clicking this button, you can make many advanced settings for the Windows 7 hard drive backup, including select one image creation mode, set file size, decide file compression level, add a comment for the backup and more.
2. Schedule: This feature is off by default. If you want to create an automatic backup for the backup image of the system disk, please turn on it. Then, choose one schedule setting when there is a need.
3. Scheme: It is still disabled by default. Turn to , and then decide one backup scheme.
When clicking On Event from Schedule, Full and Differential from Scheme, MiniTool ShadowMaker Free Edition will pop up an interface to tell you these functions are not supported. Actually, in addition, you can see some other features are not included in the Free Edition.
If you need to back up on an event or change the backup scheme, please use MiniTool ShadowMaker Beta Edition for a free trial.
I have told you how to create a ghost image of Windows 7 step by step. While system disk failure or system crash occurs, use the image file you have ghosted to restore your computer to the previous date. How can you restore your PC from an external hard drive? Follow the guidance. If you are looking for one free image backup software, download MiniTool ShadowMaker Free Edition to start to backup & restore system, partition, and disk at once.