SD card is widely used in numerous devices including smartphones, music players, cameras, tablets, etc. The file system of SD card can be damaged or corrupted. One of the most common problems that can occur within your computer is the problem with your storage device itself and may prevent you to access your meaningful data.
In such circumstances, you are unable to access the card and the computer may generate different error messages. Due to file system corruption, virus attack, registry damages and many other, primary hard drive partitions may become RAW.
Generally, if your SD card becomes RAW, you can try the following solutions to do SD card RAW recovery.
Repair RAW SD Card by Using CMD without Formatting
Experienced users may try using diskpart commands to repair the RAW SD card.
1) Connect the not formatted SD card to PC.
2) Click Start .
3) Type Command prompt into Start.
4) Right click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
5) Type chkdsk [drive letter]/r, and then press Enter.
For example, if your SD card reader is f:, you can use the following command: chkdsk f: /r.
6) Type exit and press Enter.
Command prompt will fix RAW SD card successfully while keeping all your data if you are fortunate enough. However, in many cases, this solution doesn’t work, and you will receive the following message:
“The type of the file system is RAW.
CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives.”
SD Card RAW Recovery and Fix
With the development of technology, more and more data recovery software are now made available which can help to recover lost files from RAW SD card. MiniTool Photo Recovery, developed by MiniTool Solution Ltd., is recommended here because of its excellent performance, simple operations, and wizard-like interfaces.
Step-by-step guide for SD card raw recovery
Step 1: Launch MiniTool Photo Recovery and click “Start” button to continue the next step.
Step 2: Select the RAW SD card, and then click Scan button.
Step 3: Save all needed photos.
2) Check all needed photos. Here, if you want to select all items in the found list, you can click this button .
3) Click Save button in the lower right corner to get the interface of Save Files.
4) Click Browse… to specify a secure location to save the selected photos.5) Click OK button.
When the professional photo recovery software – MiniTool Photo Recovery executes all operations, the whole process to recover specified photos is completed.
MiniTool also provided more detailed guides on how to repair RAW SD Card and recover the data.